07 декември 2017

In a Christmas Mood / Коледно настроение

I went into Christmas mood early this year with some fashion jewelry upcycle and Christmas lanyards. Turns out, there were more ornament inspirations ahead, like the 7th Annual Ornament Hop on Art Bead Scene Studio. A big Christmas bauble and some mistletoe beads from Petrovna Lampwork seemed perfect for the challenge.
Тази година коледното настроение ме обхвана рано с префасониране на масова бижутерия в коледни украшения и тези коледни ланци за очила. Оказа се, че ме очакват още коледни вдъхновения като 7-мия годишен блог-маратон в блога на Art Bead Scene Studio. Една коледна топка и мъниста лампуърк на Жанна Петровна от Petrovna Lampwork ми свършиха чудесна работа.


A Christmas tree wreath ornament with the lampwork mistletoe and faceted acrylic beads. I strung them on a length and a half of memory wire and crisscrossed the ends through the small red acrylic bead, one large transparent acrylic bead and one mistletoe bead on each side. Can be placed on the Christmas tree as is or with a ribbon. Will make a great candle holder decoration, too!
Коледно венче от мънистата с имел и фасетирани акрилни мъниста. Нанизах ги на дължина (диаметър) и половина тел тип мемори и кръстосах двата края през малкото червено акрилно мънисто, през едно прозрачно и едно лампуърк от двете страни. Може направо да се сложи на коледното дърво или с панделка. Също така, става и за коледна украса на свещник.




A large blue Christmas bauble without the cap (=misplaced) - what would you do? I made zigzag bends at one end of the wire, bunched them up and wrapped with the other end. Then I bent the free wire piece parallel to the bunched up piece and squeezed it through the opening. Then I carefully pulled the long piece of wire up (used an awl to press one side of the bunched up wire down) and thus the bunched up piece stood across the opening. I made a wire wrapped loop and pushed through two something lengths of memory wire.
Синя коледна топка без капаче - вие какво бихте направили? Аз извих телта на зигзаг в единия край, притиснах я с пръсти и я увих с дългия край. Поставих дългия край успоредно на увитата тел и така ги промуших през отвора. Внимателно издърпах нагоре свободния край на телта - наложи се да натискам увитата тел с шило от едната страна, докато застане напряко на отвора. Направих примка и промуших през нея малко над две дължини тел тип мемори.






And the best part is that this post turned into a small DIY with some tips and tricks! Please, check out the amazing creations here - you won't be disappointed!
А най-хубавото е, че тази публикация се превърна в "направи си сам" с идейки и начини за изпълнението им! Тук можете да видите и други красоти - няма да останете разочаровани!

20 коментара:

  1. Really fun festive ornaments! I like the look of that blue bauble. It reminds me of all the balls on the Christmas trees of the past. Thanks for playing along! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Erin! The blue bauble was made for a Christmas ornament by the lampwork artist, she has more on her site, so your association is just right :) I had lost the cap and this came handy to think about replacing it!

      Изтриване
  2. The mistletoe wreath looks really cute as a candle holder but I like the blue ball better. I can imagine tens of them in different colours all over a tree. They will look like drops of colored glass floating in air

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Divya! What I like about the mistletoe wreath is the memory wire idea and I can undo it any time :) The bauble, like I replied to Erin above, was meant as Christmas ornament and my role in making it work was very small.

      Изтриване
  3. I like how you turned the large blue Christmas bauble into something magic! Very interesting! :)

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Solange! It happened thanks to the craftsmanship of the artisan that made it :)

      Изтриване
  4. I like how you show that your first ornament has several ways of being displayed. LOVE the candle decoration idea. The blue bauble catches my eye though as anything in blue does. You did a wonderful job with this. Oh, and I like how you used memory wire for the wreath! What a great use of it!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Hope! The wreath on a candle holder was the last thought that came to my mind but I think it will stay there :) I'm kind of proud of the memory wire idea and think of making more similar ornaments with acrylic beads as they reflect the lights beautifully!

      Изтриване
  5. How pretty! I love the use of memory wire so you can use your ornament in different ways. I love the idea of it being a candle wreath!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  6. I love the look of the beaded wreath on the candle! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  7. I love the mistletoe beads you made and the idea of using them around a candle is delightful!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  8. I love your ornaments but using it as a candle decoration is a fantstic idea! So pretty!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  9. I agree with everyone... the wreath as a candle decoration is fabulous!

    ОтговорИзтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!